The nose is the center of any face and generally draws the attention of any gaze. For many people, the size of the nose is a reason for insecurity, which is why it is common to look for ways to improve its appearance. One of the most common is plastic surgery, but although it is effective, it is also expensive and cannot always be used. Here, we want to give you some tricks so that you know how to make nose smaller and upturned, either with facial exercises, makeup or other tips at your fingertips. Also, we will tell you about the most effective cosmetic treatments to reduce the size of the nose. Keep reading!
Exercises to make the nose smaller
Facial features tend to vary over the years, making your nose look bigger little by little. If you have that complex, you should know that thanks to facial exercises, you can achieve a smaller appearance for your nose. They are fast, easy, inexpensive, and most importantly, very effective. Take note:
Massages are very effective in improving your appearance and can help you shape your nose. To do the exercise, follow these steps:
- Lie down or recline on a comfortable surface
- Make circular movements with the index finger from the top to the tip of the nose.
- Perform this massage for 5 minutes daily and you will see how, in addition to shaping your nose, headaches or headaches will be reduced, as well as attacks of sinusitis.
Pressure on the bridge of the nose
This facial exercise will help you strengthen the cartilage located on the bridge of the nose, preventing its shape from losing its shape over the years. The exercise is simple:
- Place the tip of your index finger just below the tip of your nose.
- Apply light, gentle upward pressure, inviting the nose to arch slightly.
- Next, you will have to contract the muscles to exert a force opposite to that of the index finger.
With the lateral pressures of the nose, you will help to refine and narrow it, while strengthening its muscles. To perform this facial exercise, follow these steps:
- Take a deep breath and exhale.
- Then, put each index finger on both sides of your nose and press on the fins, exhale forcefully and remove the fingers from the nose.
- Repeat this exercise 10 times and do the routine daily to see the results.
Closing the nostrils
Another good exercise to reduce the size of your nose is to close the nostrils alternately. Start by blocking your left nostril and take a deep breath with your right. Keep the left nostril closed for about 5 seconds.
Next, repeat this same procedure is closing the right nostril and breathing through the left. Performing 3 sets of 10 repetitions you will be able to change the size of your nose little by little.
Make up your nose to make it look smaller
If you want to hide the size of your nose, make it look smaller and upturned in a natural way, there is no better option than to resort to a safe bet: makeup will always be your best ally to achieve this. Depending on the type of nose, you will achieve one or the other results. Stay tuned for our tricks and put them into practice.
Reduce a wide nose with makeup
If you have a very wide nose and want to achieve a slim, upturned nose, you should do the following:
- Apply foundation of a shade darker than your skin color to both sides of the nose
- Blend it towards the cheeks until it is even.
- Next, apply concealer or highlighter to the bridge of your nose to highlight the thinnest part of your nose.
- Blend in the concealer and put some on the tip of the nose as well.
Reduce a long nose with makeup
To flatten the nose, we recommend applying the darkest foundation both on the tip and below the nostrils.
Then, you can apply a highlighter in the area where you want the nose to end. Thus, you will get the illusion that your nose ends sooner than it does. With this simple trick, you will be able to shorten it.
Other makeup tricks to hide the nose
We recommend using makeup to attract attention to other areas of your face. Follow these simple tips:
- Enhance your lips with color or by focusing your attention on your gaze. You will be able to hide the big nose.
- Avoid heavy makeup, as your nose will stand out more.
- Bet on natural looks, with a fine eyeliner and shades with nude or beige tones to achieve the desired effect.
- Define the cheekbones or the arch of the brow using facial contouring techniques to define the nose further.
- Use an iridescent highlighter to soften its shape and balance it with your face.
Lastly, feel free to use concealer to highlight. Dark circles, for example, focus attention on the nose. To reduce this effect, use a concealer that is also illuminating around the eyes. This point of light will awaken your gaze and help reduce the appearance of a large nose.
Other tricks to make the nose smaller
In addition to exercises and makeup, you can opt for other tricks that will help visually reduce the size of the nose.
Hairstyles to hide the nose
Hair is a good option to draw attention away from your nose. You just have to know how to play with it to get the most out of it. Follow these tips and you will achieve it:
The long curly hair can become a good focus to distract attention from a big nose. Bet on waves and don’t let straight hair frame your face, as the center of all attention will be the nose.
It is also advisable to divide the hair into parts. You can do it in lateral parts since the division in the center will attract the eye in the direction of the nose.
Go for soft curls and waves, loose, messy hair, and add volume to the back of your head to make your nose smaller. Avoid center partitions, straight hairstyles, heavily combed ponytails, and straight cuts.
Accessories to reduce the size of the nose
Accessories can also be of great help to hide a big nose. Wear long, wide earrings or long, bulky necklaces. You can draw attention away from the nose. If you wear glasses, avoid small and thin frames and go for large or pasta glasses, since they will naturally shrink the nose.
If the previous tricks have not helped you and you are still not satisfied or satisfied with the size of your nose, you can always resort to aesthetic treatments. We tell you the most common ones that will solve this problem immediately.
It is a treatment that consists of the infiltration of absorbable products, such as hyaluronic acid, and non-absorbable products. It will help correct problems of the nose such as unevenness of the back, deviations or elevation of the tip to obtain a more harmonious and balanced profile with the rest of the facial features.
Rhino modelling is a gentle touch-up in which you will get results in just one session. Thanks to this molding of the nose without surgery, you will obtain a more symmetrical nose and by your facial features.
This novel technique involves applying resorbable tensioning threads to correct the back of the nose, which manages to refine and align the nose, as well as elevate the tip. It is a safe technique, without surgery, that causes a lifting effect naturally and that allows to readjust the appearance of the nose. Visible results will be seen from the first month. This technique is fast, efficient and low risk.
Finally, you can always resort to cosmetic surgery through a rhinoplasty. This operation allows repair or reshapes the nose completely, to seek a facial harmony and solve problems that have caused the nose to the patient, as well as help, relieve breathing problems.
Rhinoplasty allows you to reduce or increase the size of the nose, change the shape of the tip, narrow the nostrils, change its angle, among other modifications. The definitive result will be visible from 2 or 3 months after the operation, which has a postoperative period of approximately 10 days. It is the perfect solution to end the problem of a large nose completely.