The Word Office tool offers the editor the ability to work and create documents with ease, thanks to its various editing tools. If you’ve come across the need to remove a column, line, or page break in your Word document, here’s how to remove them.
It is quite common that trying to remove page breaks disrupts the work you have done because you do not know how to work properly with Microsoft Word. If that is your difficulty here we will explain in a simple and easy way how to eliminate page breaks in a section of your work.
On the other hand, it is important that you have prior knowledge of what a page break is in Word. In this way, you can effectively use the tools offered by this application to produce professional-quality documents.
The page break is used to structure the format of a document, thus allowing it to organize and specify the information on a given page. These manage to mark the end of a fragment of the document before it reaches the limit of the redacted page.
Also, when you copy and paste a file from another source, you will most likely come across a document that has a page break. Normally, these files have an already established format, which generates a format with a predetermined design on your sheet that you will have to modify. The best thing you can do is remove the formatting of the text and work it clean.
Manually remove separator components
You can manually delete the components that separate the pages; such as line or column breaks in the Word page. This is known as removing the tabs. However, you must take into account that it can be very tedious because if your document is quite long it will take time.
- Select the marks that separate the document.
- Delete each one separately.
In this simple way, you can eliminate the separations that you do not want in your Word document, this is an advantage for you.
How to see breaks, lines, or pages in my Word document before deleting them
If you have added page breaks to a document and want to see them all and select which ones to permanently remove, follow the steps below. This turns out to be very useful for when you want to do advanced design work, especially when it comes to writing paragraphs.
- Go to the “Start” option in Word and hit the “Show all characters that do not print” mode.
- Then go to the Paragraph section and click on the “¶” symbol and it will show you all the details of the document. For example:
- Paragraph marks.
- And hidden format symbols.
If you’ve created page breaks, a blank page is common. If you want to continue writing, you must delete this page.
How to remove a column, line, or page break from Word
We briefly show you the steps you must follow if you want to suppress page breaks found in your edited document.
- To get started, go to the home tab of the Word page.
- Head over to the tool options, focusing on editing the document.
- Open the option “Edit” and then right-click on the search bar.
- Once you are there, press the “Advanced Search” option.
- Once there, it is redirected to “Replace” and pressed the button with the name “More” that is in the lower left.
- Once you open the “More” options, you must select or click on the option that says “Special”.
- The option that will be opened next will be the “Dropdown” mode, and it is here where you select the element that you want to delete.
- The mark of the format will appear, where then you must press the button “Replace all”.